The new Gen-Ear LE is a simplified, more economical tool with stronger sound amplification than other systems. Use it to pinpoint water leaks in residential and commercial water lines, whether they are under concrete slabs, in walls, swimming pools and hot tubs.
The compact amplifier fits easily in the palm of your hand. It provides noise-free amplification with built-in preset audio filters, so you don’t have guess what settings to use. And the high performance headphones with noise cancellation features block out interference from surrounding ambient noise. The ground sensor listens for the gurgling or hammering of water escaping from a cracked pipe under concrete, asphalt, or tile. For soft surfaces like grass or carpet, use the probe rods. Or, for above ground pipes or hydrants, you can use both the probe rods or the magnet attachment.
For especially hard to find leaks, the Sound Amplification Manifold (SAM) adds air to the line, increasing water pressure. This amplifies the leak sounds, making them easier to locate.
- Locate water leaks under concrete slabs, in walls, swimming pools, and hot tubs.
- Compact amplifier fits right in the palm of hand.
- Built-in preset audio filters eliminate interference from ambient noise.
- Hear just the “whoosh” or “hiss” of water leak.
- High quality headphones with noise cancellation features to give you the clearest sound.
- Ground Sensor locates through hard surfaces like concrete.
- Probe rods locate through soft surfaces like grass or carpet.
- Sensor magnet acts as contact probe on ground pipes or fire hydrants.
- Safety mute button to protect operator from sudden loud noises and flashlight for night location built into amplifier.
- Sound Amplification Manifold amplifies hard to hear leaks.
Input Impedance: 430k, Output Impedance: 4 – 10 Ohm
56 db +/- 3%
100 ~ 1000 Hz
Two 1.5-Volt AA Batteries
5-3/4″ x 1″ x 2-1/2″
20°F ~ 130°F
Element: Piezoelectric Element, Sensitivity:1.00V/g at 400 Hz (Max.)
Dynamic Range: 10 – 20,000 Hz , Noise Reduction Rating: 23db
Dimensions: 20″ x 13.5″ x 9″ Weight: 7.5 lbs
Gen-Ear LE - How To Video